The right-wing, nationalist True Finns party has made sweeping gains in the Finnish Parliamentary elections, going from 4% to 19.4% of the vote. This places the party in third place, and feasibly within reach of coalition seats. This is worrying for the rest of Europe, as they have stated their opposition to the bailout fund, over which Finland would have a veto. Instability ahead? Let’s look at the new parliament make-up.
Tag Archive: bailout
Welcome!Welcome to a blog about politics, in the UK and internationally, plus some other fun stuff. Feel free to look around...
- Excellent talk at @NottsLibDems Conference from @Issanghazni on Europe and how to fight 2014. 2 hours ago
- Great showing from @NottsLibYouth and @ntu_ly at the @NottsLibDems MiniConf. 2 hours ago
- Policy on Food Waste adopted by @NottsLibDems ! So proud :-) Next: Glasgow. 2 hours ago
- Nottingham City Liberal Democrats Miniconf (@ The Belgrave Rooms w/ @mithomas20) 4sq.com/10BjBYa 5 hours ago
- @joshbcfc93 Sweeeeeeeeet :-) 23 hours ago
- @joshbcfc93 Cheers man :-) be seeing you tomorrow for the conference? 23 hours ago
- RT @joshbcfc93: #ff @juliacambridge1 @KyleForsyth92 @Georgecarps @SpinelessLib @tomsmaxim 23 hours ago
- RT @JustinLines1: Welshies!!!! Please have a look at this! survey.libdems.org.uk/take/1038 1 day ago
- @MandyAGH Thanks for the follow :) 1 day ago
- @catfitz @intelwire @registan_net Oh re-ally? 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages