The right-wing, nationalist True Finns party has made sweeping gains in the Finnish Parliamentary elections, going from 4% to 19.4% of the vote. This places the party in third place, and feasibly within reach of coalition seats. This is worrying for the rest of Europe, as they have stated their opposition to the bailout fund, over which Finland would have a veto. Instability ahead? Let’s look at the new parliament make-up.
Tag Archive: Finn
Welcome!Welcome to a blog about politics, in the UK and internationally, plus some other fun stuff. Feel free to look around...
- @A_C_McGregor Was fun! Plenty longer than expected... 3 hours ago
- Excellent talk at @NottsLibDems Conference from @Issanghazni on Europe and how to fight 2014. 10 hours ago
- Great showing from @NottsLibYouth and @ntu_ly at the @NottsLibDems MiniConf. 10 hours ago
- Policy on Food Waste adopted by @NottsLibDems ! So proud :-) Next: Glasgow. 10 hours ago
- Nottingham City Liberal Democrats Miniconf (@ The Belgrave Rooms w/ @mithomas20) 4sq.com/10BjBYa 13 hours ago
- @joshbcfc93 Sweeeeeeeeet :-) 1 day ago
- @joshbcfc93 Cheers man :-) be seeing you tomorrow for the conference? 1 day ago
- RT @joshbcfc93: #ff @juliacambridge1 @KyleForsyth92 @Georgecarps @SpinelessLib @tomsmaxim 1 day ago
- RT @JustinLines1: Welshies!!!! Please have a look at this! survey.libdems.org.uk/take/1038 2 days ago
- @MandyAGH Thanks for the follow :) 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages