The right-wing, nationalist True Finns party has made sweeping gains in the Finnish Parliamentary elections, going from 4% to 19.4% of the vote. This places the party in third place, and feasibly within reach of coalition seats. This is worrying for the rest of Europe, as they have stated their opposition to the bailout fund, over which Finland would have a veto. Instability ahead? Let’s look at the new parliament make-up.
Tag Archive: Grand Coalition
Welcome!Welcome to a blog about politics, in the UK and internationally, plus some other fun stuff. Feel free to look around...
- RT @violacadan: @abjtal @AAEmmerson @stackee Monmouthshire isn't real Wales... 6 hours ago
- RT @JananGanesh: Lib Dems have behaved like a more serious party of govt than the Tories. Astonishing when you think of expectations circa … 14 hours ago
- @A_C_McGregor Was fun! Plenty longer than expected... 1 day ago
- Excellent talk at @NottsLibDems Conference from @Issanghazni on Europe and how to fight 2014. 1 day ago
- Great showing from @NottsLibYouth and @ntu_ly at the @NottsLibDems MiniConf. 1 day ago
- Policy on Food Waste adopted by @NottsLibDems ! So proud :-) Next: Glasgow. 1 day ago
- Nottingham City Liberal Democrats Miniconf (@ The Belgrave Rooms w/ @mithomas20) 4sq.com/10BjBYa 1 day ago
- @joshbcfc93 Sweeeeeeeeet :-) 2 days ago
- @joshbcfc93 Cheers man :-) be seeing you tomorrow for the conference? 2 days ago
- RT @joshbcfc93: #ff @juliacambridge1 @KyleForsyth92 @Georgecarps @SpinelessLib @tomsmaxim 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages