The right-wing, nationalist True Finns party has made sweeping gains in the Finnish Parliamentary elections, going from 4% to 19.4% of the vote. This places the party in third place, and feasibly within reach of coalition seats. This is worrying for the rest of Europe, as they have stated their opposition to the bailout fund, over which Finland would have a veto. Instability ahead? Let’s look at the new parliament make-up.
Tag Archive: Grand Coalition
Welcome!Welcome to a blog about politics, in the UK and internationally, plus some other fun stuff. Feel free to look around...
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
Top Posts & Pages
- Welsh Values - What does it mean to be Welsh.
- Samoa and China - Why missing a day symbolises the shift from West to East
- Europe Day!
- Conservatives jumping to UKIP - are MPs next?
- Liberal Youth - The Libertine: Britain, a Christian Country?
- Libya - the next step.
- Liquid Democracy: The Future of #LDConf ?