The right-wing, nationalist True Finns party has made sweeping gains in the Finnish Parliamentary elections, going from 4% to 19.4% of the vote. This places the party in third place, and feasibly within reach of coalition seats. This is worrying for the rest of Europe, as they have stated their opposition to the bailout fund, over which Finland would have a veto. Instability ahead? Let’s look at the new parliament make-up.
Tag Archive: Helsinki
Welcome!Welcome to a blog about politics, in the UK and internationally, plus some other fun stuff. Feel free to look around...
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Top Posts & Pages
- Welsh Values - What does it mean to be Welsh.
- 2011: A Photographic retrospective - the photos I'll always remember
- Political Compass - April
- Conservatives jumping to UKIP - are MPs next?
- We are all Alliance now
- Cameron Wants to Ban Gay TV Kisses
- A Longer School Day - But Why?
- Why Borgen proves Liberal Left is wrong...
- Liberal Islam
- A Good Day For Progressives