The right-wing, nationalist True Finns party has made sweeping gains in the Finnish Parliamentary elections, going from 4% to 19.4% of the vote. This places the party in third place, and feasibly within reach of coalition seats. This is worrying for the rest of Europe, as they have stated their opposition to the bailout fund, over which Finland would have a veto. Instability ahead? Let’s look at the new parliament make-up.
Tag Archive: Helsinki
Welcome!Welcome to a blog about politics, in the UK and internationally, plus some other fun stuff. Feel free to look around...
- @joshbcfc93 Sweeeeeeeeet :-) 14 hours ago
- @joshbcfc93 Cheers man :-) be seeing you tomorrow for the conference? 15 hours ago
- RT @joshbcfc93: #ff @juliacambridge1 @KyleForsyth92 @Georgecarps @SpinelessLib @tomsmaxim 15 hours ago
- RT @JustinLines1: Welshies!!!! Please have a look at this! survey.libdems.org.uk/take/1038 1 day ago
- @MandyAGH Thanks for the follow :) 1 day ago
- @catfitz @intelwire @registan_net Oh re-ally? 1 day ago
- @zoebloom93 I recently finished my year's essays and, coincidentally, found my old Age of Empires II disk the same day. I was up till 5am. 1 day ago
- . @intelwire I said IMU were readying to make a push post-2014, and Uzbekistan was unprepared. Didn't think Idaho needed to be defensive... 1 day ago
- RT @intelwire: Still damn good timing MT @SpinelessLib: I submitted a 5,000 word paper on the IMU on Tuesday. Why couldn't he have been arr… 1 day ago
- RT @GlynLey: Have just emailed my MP to ask him to support Humanist weddings and extending civil partnerships to opposite sex couples. #equ… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages