The right-wing, nationalist True Finns party has made sweeping gains in the Finnish Parliamentary elections, going from 4% to 19.4% of the vote. This places the party in third place, and feasibly within reach of coalition seats. This is worrying for the rest of Europe, as they have stated their opposition to the bailout fund, over which Finland would have a veto. Instability ahead? Let’s look at the new parliament make-up.
Tag Archive: xenophobic
Welcome!Welcome to a blog about politics, in the UK and internationally, plus some other fun stuff. Feel free to look around...
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Top Posts & Pages
- Welsh Values - What does it mean to be Welsh.
- I Just Won The Nobel Peace Prize
- Liquid Democracy: The Future of #LDConf ?
- The Economics of Trick or Treating : A Halloween Analogy
- Have an abortion, but first - look at these babies' clothes. Thank you, Dorries.
- Why Borgen proves Liberal Left is wrong...